Today's roster lists 1,556 names, including 963 party members who filed for 610 at-large seats.
A net number of 1,203 delegates registered in time, putting the GOP within 250 names of its goal of filling 1,446 seats at the Feb. 5 presidential convention. January voting will whittle down the excess at-large filings.
Among the highlights from the final roster:
- Most legislator-delegates: Fred Thompson (12);
- Most state executive committee delegates: Mitt Romney (18);
- Most "guaranteed" at-large delegates: Ron Paul (42);
- Most county party chairs: Romney (9, according to latest available list);
- Most non-chair county committee delegates: Romney (53).
- All but McDowell are sending delegates to the convention*;
- Nine filled their automatic berths -- Barbour, Clay, Fayette, Hancock, Harrison, Summers, Tyler, Wirt, and Wood;
- Four appear to have more county executive committee delegates than allotted spots: Berkeley, Hampshire, Nicholas and Raleigh;
- Nicholas also appears to have more than its allotted share of state executive committee delegates;
- 36 filled or exceeded their at-large delegate slots;
- Besides McDowell, only Wyoming has no at-large delegates while Brooke and Calhoun also have no state or county committee members registered.