04 July 2007

Six Months Old, And An Award

Lincoln Walks At Midnight hits the half-year mark this month, and I could not be more pleased. I believe it has kept its intended focus, as reflected on the masthead, while adding features and adapting over time.

I am also humbly grateful for the continuing comments and feedback from my peers and mentors in the blogosphere. I still have much to learn, but folks out there have been very kind.

And this milestone is marked by a pleasant surprise: an award.



The generous gang at Hillbilly Savants recommended Lincoln Walks At Midnight for a"Thinking Blogger Award," which "works on the principle that good bloggers know other good bloggers when they see'm."

Having been tapped for the award itself, Hillbilly Savants was asked to pick five other blogs for the honor and included Lincoln Walks At Midnight in its list.

The award originated here, and the rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.


And in keeping with the rules, I nominate the following:

1. Hillbilly Savants. A well-rounded blog devoted to all things Appalachia, with a deep bench to boot. I gladly return the favor (and not surprisingly, am not the only one);

2. The Goat Rope. Perhaps the best-written, best-footnoted site on my blogroll. A whimsical dash of Aesop sets the tone;

3. The Republican Gazette. Faithfully updated, rich in nuggets of political dish and inside skinny. Often laugh-out-loud funny as well;

4.Mighty Max Update. As heart-wrenching as it is life-affirming, the online diary of a brave little boy with CHARGE syndrome;

5. On Location With Rick Lee. A blog devoted to photography, one of the most visually pleasant corners of cyberspace.

Note: As always, I express no opinions as to the points of view or political bents of any of these blogs. Rather, as the creator of the award put it, I chose blogs "with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all - blogs that really get you thinking!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Larry, that's awesome.

Keep up the good work. You've done well so far...

Anonymous said...

Larry,

Congratulations on your award, which is well deserved. I look forward to reading your blog every day.
Keep up the good work.

El Cabrero said...

Congratulations on the award and thanks for the nomination!

Your blog really provides a great service. Keep it coming!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the much-deserved award!

Ron's Thots said...

Congrats. I enjoy seeing what news bits you have each day. You are indeed a "Thinking Blogger". I enjoy reading three of the five blogs that you nominated. I disagree greatly with one of them when I read it, but it does amuse me at times. Keep up the good work.