15 October 2007

Mark Coyle, 1965-2007

Mark Coyle, 42, a former Statehouse reporter for MetroNews and longtime GOP political operative, was killed in a weekend car crash in upstate New York.

The Post-Standard of Syracuse has an article on the wreck, which also killed a second driver and left Coyle's 5-year-old daughter seriously injured.

MetroNews also has an item.

Coyle's more recent clients included former state Sen. Sarah Minear, R-Tucker, and John Raese. Though based in the Beltway section of Virginia for several years, Coyle continued to keep an eye on Mountain State politics.

Update: A newspaper in Coyle's native New York has his obituary.

2 comments:

Kate Whitmeyer said...

I remember Mark well from my days at the state house when I worked at the AG's office. Although I disagreed with his politics, I genuinely liked him and he was always pleasant to me. My thoughts are with his family, especially his 5-year-old daughter.

A. Morgan said...

This is terrible news. His daughter Samantha was in the car with him and has survived - I hope she pulls through.

Mark was acting as publicity agent for FamilySecurityMatters.org, among his many roles. The staff at FSM are devastated. I am deeply grateful to Mark for securing radio interviews in the US and his nifty skill at converting time zones in the US to British times.

His loss will be felt for a long time to come.

Adrian Morgan