06 November 2007

Fired Director Replaced at Archives - Updated

Cultural and History Commissioner Randall Reid-Smith today promoted Joe Geiger to acting Archives and History director, five days after firing Fred Armstrong as its longtime chief.

The Associated Press has the available details.

(The press release lists a name to contact for more information, so I did. Or, at least I tried: "Thank you for your message. I am out of the office begining Tuesday, November 6 returning on Monday, November 12. I will not have access to email until I return.")

Update: The Charleston Gazette also has a story, along with an editorial on Armstrong's firing and a slew of letters to the editor on the subject.

1 comment:

wvcouch said...

Is this the best available candidate for the job? What qualifications does this person have? Was the job posted?

I believe that the best qualified candidate should have the best chance for government sector jobs. These jobs should not be handed out like cookies to internal staff promotions.