- The Associated Press observes that "the waves of winter storms have combined with the ongoing legislative session and the election season to produce a flurry of political activity" by state lawmakers.
- The Charleston Daily Mail checks in with county officials and lawmakers regarding the recently tweaked version of Gov. Joe Manchin's business property tax break proposal.
- AP reports on the recent Senate passage of regulations for oil and gas drilling that had prompted environmental lobbyists to cry foul.
- The Register-Herald of Beckley highlights legislation by Senate leaders that would create the "Governor’s Commission to Seize the Future of Energy for America."
- After last week's failed vote on the measure, Public Broadcasting reports on the roadblock facing "an amendment to ban gay marriage." With video.
15 February 2010
Posted by Lawrence Messina at 9:30 AM