19 March 2010

Dueling Quotes of the Day

"I think responsible individuals would want me to undertake my responsibilities as a member of Congress to discern what it is I'm voting on... It's like a judge using integrity. You can't base it on drinking Kool-Aid on the French Riviera."

-- U.S. Rep. Nick Rahall, D-3rd, responding to an attack by Elliott "Spike" Maynard, the Democrat-turned-Republican and former state Supreme Court justice seeking the GOP nomination to challenge him in November, as quoted by the Charleston Daily Mail.

"I'm surprised that Rahall would go that low... And the public isn't interested in issues like that or whether Rahall had lunch with a guy like Yasser Arafat or went to Baghdad to try to meet with Saddam Hussein, or whether he constantly had lunch with Arab oil sheikhs."

-- Maynard's rebuttal, as quoted by same.

No comments: